This isn’t new, It happen all the time when you start using your flash drive to another computer that was already infected by viruses. Luck of security may makes your computer system vulnerable to viruses. It is advice to install anti-virus before using your computer to its basic functions. There’s a lot of anti-virus that can help you to become more secured. You can try free trial for one month with a full security and you can continue if you are satisfied there services. They offer premium or basic service of course it would take cash, If you choice to be secured.
Moving on, your files in flash drive isn’t visible at all. You can see empty folder etc. but when you look at in my computer, and in the file usage/space it has a files. Don’t be worried about your files it wasn’t gone It just hide by virus. And there are two methods that you should know in order to retrieve/view and use your files again,
1. Folder options
2. Command prompt or CMD
Lets Began in Folder options:
1. Click Organize in Windows 7 & Options in Windows XP just find it on the top of your screen when you open flash drive or my computer.
2. In the Folder Options click view and look in the advance settings: Under the Hidden files and folders select show hidden files,folders & drives and unchecked the 3 hide check box after it and press OK if there choice will appeared.
3. Click apply and OK
4. Done you can view your file now!
Second Command prompt or CMD:
1. Go to my computer and look what letter your flash drive address. example: removable disk(G:) . So G: is what you need to continue.
2. Go to Start – All programs – Accessories – click Command Prompt.
3. Open Command prompt type G: and enter.
G:\> will be the text display below.
4. Type Attrib -h -r -s /s /d and enter, wait to complete until it would display again the G:\> If you see it done! your files is visible now!
Embrace the knowledge, Explore your mind and Enjoy!